Untuk menembus ujian seleksi masuk program S2 Universitas Indonesia, cobalah mempelajari beragam contoh soal TPA dan Bahasa Inggris. Berikut ini adalah contoh soal Bahasa Inggris dalam ujian seleksi masuk S2 UI.
Choose the one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
1. …..are found in virtually every country in the world.
A. Swamps and marshes which
B. When swamps and marshes
C. Swamps and marshes
D. Now that swamps and marshes
2. Milk is pasteurized by heating it for thirty minutes at about 63◦ Centigrade, rapidly cooling it, and then…..it at temperature below 10◦ Centigrade.
A. to store
C. be stored
3. Cutty Sark, …..built in England, was famous for its speed and beauty.
A. a clipper ship
B. was a clipper ship
C. a clipper ship which
D. a clipper ship was
4. Our bodies are run by circadian rhythms, a prehistoric internal clock that regulates when we feel sleepy or awake and…..our level of alertness.
B. to affect
D. being affected
5. Bees, wasps and ants live in stable, cooperative groups…..every activity is communal and organized.
C. in which
D. which is when
Identify the one word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to be grammatically correct.
6. Meadowlarks are about the same size than robins but they have heavier bodies, shorter tails, and longer bills.
7. When overall exports exceed imports, a country said have a trade surplus.
C. country said
D. a trade
8. Large numbers of golf courses in a country reflect the emergence of a domestic middle class and suggest a society where citizens enjoy leisurely times.
9. At a depth of 5 atmospheres, nitrogen causes symptoms resembling intoxication alcohol, known as nitrogen narcisis.
D. intoxication alcohol
10. Esperanto was created by Polish eye doctor Ludwik L. Zamenhof, who believed that a universal language would help alleviate some of the misunderstandings between nations.
A. was created